Full Belly Farm
The Full Belly Farm is a small organic urban farm in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Its primary focus will be as a wheelchair accessible development project serving persons with disabilities.
It will operate as an organic farm, but it will also include:
– vocational education opportunities for persons with disabilities in the area of agriculture;
– livelihood development opportunities for persons with disabilities;
– a small residential program to help stabilize the lives of homeless/near homeless persons with disabilities;
– employment for persons with disabilities;
– a portal for access and inclusion in the broader community for persons with disabilities;
– capacity development towards project management for persons with disabilities.
Three families are currently living at the farm and are in the process of settling in and starting to build their lives. The farm is very much a work in progress and there is lots still to do.
A team of volunteers is needed at the farm to help the farm residents with their farm work. This will involve creating an accessible entrance to the farm, clearing the land, gardening and composting. Volunteers are also welcome to come and teach English to the farm residents.
(Plus optional donation towards the operational expenses of the farm)
Programs dates available:
2nd – 17th December 2017
6th – 21st January 2018
-All accommodation on twin share basis in 3-4 star hotel
-Breakfast all days, lunch when on work days and some group dinners
-All transfers and transport costs
-Tourist activities: Angkor Wat temples (1 day pass), tour of floating village, trip to Kulen Mountain
-Return international airfares + taxes
-Travel insurance (compulsory)
-Visa and vaccinations (compulsory)
-Police check (compulsory)
-Meals on days off (except breakfast at the hotel)
-Laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenditure