Ethical Animal Adventure
In 2018 SVPI is introducing our Animal Welfare Volunteer programs in Cambodia.
We will work with local veterinarians and animal welfare organisations to conduct animal outreach, vaccination and deworming clinics and participate in animal welfare education programs in villages outside Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Apply now or Contact us for more information.
Our volunteer program begins in the capital Phnom Penh with a visit to the Killing Fields and S21 genocide museum to learn about Cambodia tragic modern history. We will also pay a visit to Phnom Tamao Wildlife Rescue Centre, before travelling to Siem Reap. Using this as our base we will visit outlying villages and conduct animal care clinics in village pagodas. We will also visit local schools and provide animal welfare education. The program then concludes back in Phnom Penh.
No veterinary skills are required for this program and it is open to all ages with any level of education/life experience. We are able to tailor the program to take full advantage of the array of different skills our volunteers can bring to the program.
(However professional veterinarians are strongly encouraged to come along as this will allow us to expand our work to be able to spay and neuter dogs and cats.)
All volunteer programs are designed to give you the opportunity to utilise your skills and passion but to also have fun in the bustling towns of Phnom Penh and Siem Reap and explore the amazing Angkor Wat temples. You will also experience village life and get to know many of the wonderful local people.
Programs dates available:
8th – 22nd December 2018
- All accommodation on twin share basis in 3-4-star hotels
- Breakfast all days, lunch on weekdays and some group dinners (delicious vegan food provided)
- All transfers and transport costs
- Entrance fees for sightseeing activities including Angkor Wat (3-day pass)
- $400 AUD donation towards veterinary supplies and local animal welfare groups
- SVPI escorts/local guides/translators
- Return international airfares + taxes
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Visa and vaccinations (compulsory)
- Police check (compulsory)
- Some meals
- Extra drinks
- Laundry, telephone calls and other personal expenditure